Sunday, March 18, 2007

It's All Who You Know...

Here's a few photos of people I work (and play) with here in Laos...

Some of my fellow teachers took me on a weekend trip to a temple overlooking the Mekong River. Here we are: Sonxay, next to me, works with me at Nita School. He's holding his daughter and standing next to his wife. Khamphet's wife is on the right. He is another co-worker of mine and took this photo for us. About 100 of us from Nita School took a field trip. We didn't make it to the waterfall we hoped to see and swim beneath, but wound up at a different temple also overlooking the Mekong River. This is a small group of the field trippers-- Sonxay and Panmaha are P.4 teachers. The students are all in P.4, one of my favorite age groups at the school.

My MCC Laos family, or the foreign members of it, all went on a retreat together to Vang Vieng for a weekend. We don't often all spend time together since Heidi and Micah, Ben and Alisa live and work several hours outside of Vientiane in opposite directions of each other (Heidi and Alisa are both standing behind me and near-ish their husbands-- Micah in tan on the right and Ben in orange in the back). I am glad when we do get to visit each other, to offer support or to hear what others are doing or going through, to share a meal...








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home