Monday, December 25, 2006

My Christmas Gift

I'll tell my Christmas story soon, but tonight I wanted to share this prayer with you before I go to bed. I've been richly blessed today with food and fellowship and gifts from friends near and far, and I am unprepared to reciprocate with packages but I offer this instead. A friend shared it with me and I've found that bringing parts of it to mind can change the way you see life-- people, situations, classrooms, manger scenes. May it bless you from this day onward with the gift of new sight from God for the world around you.

Days pass and the years vanish
and we walk sightless among miracles.
Lord, fill our eyes with seeing and our minds with knowing,
let there be moments when your presence,
like lightning,
illumines the darkness in which we walk.
Help us to see, wherever we gaze, that the bush burns unconsumed.
And we, clay touched by God, will reach out for holiness
and exclaim in wonder:
"How filled with awe is this place
and we did not know it!
Blessed is the eternal one, the Holy God!"

Merry Christmas,
Renee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home