Saturday, November 04, 2006

After The Race


Not that The Race is over, but the one that took place in Vientiane has come and gone. Here's a photo to prove it. I took fourth in the 10k, I think because many of the fast women were running the half-marathon. It earned me a trip beside the podium and a basket of soymilk. I look befuddled but really I was quite happy to have run and to be heaped with honor for it (can you be heaped with honor when you are next to the podium but not on it? in any case, I felt more honored than I think my time deserved). The Victory Monument is gloriously in the background-- made with concrete donated for a runway but put to much more inspiring, if less practical, use.

1 Comments:

At 9:13 AM , Blogger strnov said...

I'm so glad you are still running (in both senses), and it is good to see a picture at the finish (you do look a bit befuddled =). I need to run more and maybe inspiring posts about running will motivate me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home