Monday, August 21, 2006

Orientation and Travel

It was a good, long week of orientation to the mission and policy of MCC, preparation for cross-cultural life and the joys and mishaps that accompany it, knowing oneself (turns out that I'm an INTJ, if I'm remembering my letters correctly) and others (50 other SALTers (SALT is the program I am doing: Service And Learning Together) and 40 International Visitor Exchange participants), etc. A good time of being in limbo before the next step of moving overseas, also. Being in limbo doesn't sound particularly desirable but it is not bad if one knows when it will end and it allows for time to think before an overwhelming life change.
Speaking of which, I am now in Laos having arrived safely last night. It was a long trip from Pennsylvania through London (a 12 hour layover gave us plenty of time to see Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, and make it through security) through Bangkok and to Vientiane. It was a blessing to travel most of the way with other SALTers and to be met at the airport by my hosts, the MCC Laos country representatives, for the next stage of transition: in-country orientation, which will include some language study, many introductions, and ... I'm not sure what else. I'll let you know soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home